FSU Interdisciplinary Data Science Program: Math Alumni Panel
Faculty members from the Florida State University Interdisciplinary Data Science Master’s Degree Program and alumni from the FSU Department of Mathematics held a Zoom panel discussion on April 27, highlighting career pathways in data science, and learn more about applying for Fall 2021 admission to the FSU IDS math major.
Seven panelists working in the data science field across industries including tech, retail, entertainment, and more discuss their backgrounds, the importance of math in data science work, the future of data science as a field, and the skills students need to secure employment upon graduation.
- Orhan Akal: Machine Learning Scientist, Overjet
- Serdar Cellat: Lead Machine Learning/Natural Language Processing Scientist, Data Science Instructor, Y Meadows Inc.
- Diego Díaz-Martínez: Battery Tools Design and Analysis Senior Engineer, Clarios
- Fan Fei: Manager Data Science, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Manan Shah: Vice President, Data Analytics, Vimeo
- Qiuping Xu: Senior Applied Scientist, Amazon
- Heting Yan: Data and Applied Scientist, Microsoft